Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fear Exercise Part 3

What was the fear project about and who did it?I think it was Spencer who did it. He began his experiment by handing each of us an empty envelope with our name on it. Then he had us write on a small piece of paper our greatest fear that holds us back. And ceremoniously, we put the piece of paper in the envelope and put the envelope in a shredder he had brought in.

Why did you respond to it so strongly?
I liked his the most because it was really the most straight forward. We create these fears and we have the power to control them or let them control us.

How does it impact how you see your own project, and your own creative journey?
It doesn't really. Don't get me wrong it was a great experiment. It's true, we create or fears or let them manifest over time. For the sake of this assignment, my fear was ridicule/persecution but its a lot of things beside just that - as it is for a lot of people - and I think at this point, I've been able to manage them pretty ok. I mean, I'm human - I've got insecurities, fears, uncertainties, etc. But I've learned to work through them, deal with them, or tell them to fuck off... Just depends on how I'm feeling that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment